Watch DirecTV Now on Roku Players
Considered as a service cheaper than any satellite or cable, DirecTV Now on Roku offers live sports entertainment, news, Music, Lifestyle and much more at just a basic package of $35 per month entitled Live a Little. You can also choose other packages at $50 per month called Just Right that has more than 80 channels to offer. Subscribe to Go Big at $60 per month if you want more than 100 channels at your disposal. Finally, you can get the all-tempting Gotta Have It! that costs about $70 and streams 120+ channels.
Setting up DirecTV on the Roku Device
- There are certain prerequisites that you should observe before you can activate DirecTV Now Roku such as a strong Wi-Fi Connection, DirecTV Now login, and a compatible Roku Player or TV.
- It is also recommended that you get an HD or HD TV Ultra because these smart TVs come with either one or more HDMI Ports to facilitate plugging in the Roku device.
- Additionally, these are also important to watch all the HD programming offered by DirecTV Now.
- Furthermore, you will also require a Roku remote controller or a mobile app that works just like the controller
- A DirecTV account and a separate Roku account are also essential for the process
Compatible Roku Models
- Check if you have any of these compatible Roku devices to setup DirecTV Now inclusive of the 4K Roku TV model 7000X, Roku non-4K TV 8000X, Roku Streaming Stick models: 3600X, 3800RT, RW & X, Streaming Stick Plus models 3810 RW and X, Roku 4 (4400), Premiere 4620, Premiere Plus 4630, Express 3900 X and RW and finally Express Plus 3910 RW and X.
- There are also other compatible models such as the Roku Non-4K TVs 5000x, Roku 2 & 3 4210, 4200 and 4230 and other Express models such as the 3700 and 3710
Configuring the Streaming Player
- If you are using a streaming player then before you activate DirecTV Now on Roku, you must setup the device
- Use a high-speed HDMI cable to connect the device to the TV, if you own a smart TV
- If you possess an older television set, you can still connect the player with the composite connection cables
- Then connect the Ethernet cable directly to the Ethernet port of the streaming player; this ensures uninterrupted connection to the internet
- In the end, plug in the adapter to power up the player
- Fill the batteries into the remote and go through the guided setup to complete device configuring
Roku Streaming Stick and Roku Express Plus Setting Up
- For those who are using the Roku Streaming Stick and Roku Express Plus, the setup process is not very different except that you can plug the stick directly into the HDMI port of the TV
- Thereafter, you have to power up the device with the help of the adapter and start using the guided Roku setup
The Roku Setup Guide
- In the guided setup for all of the Roku devices, you have to pair the remote and choose the appropriate HDMI or composite input, first
- Thereafter, you have to choose the language first, after which the device has to be connected to the internet
- After selecting your preferred network from the list of available ones
- You will get an activation code, which is alphanumeric in nature
- For completing the setup of the device, you have to enter the code on Roku’s website
- Once you have activated the device, you are ready to download and stream DirecTV Now
- To activate DirecTV Now on Roku or to watch a channel or app of your choice, you must download it from Roku’s Channel Store
- So press Home -> Streaming Channels -> in the search box type DirecTV Now
- To purchase the channel click on Buy
- After entering all your payment credentials, you should be able to launch and enjoy the channel
- At payment, if you have set the option, then you may have to enter your PIN